Saturday, April 19, 2008

Doggie Day



Silky isn't so sure if she wants Mindy to advance right into her bed..

Mindy loves Emil ! She finally fell asleep with her head in Emil's arms...just a big baby

Who couldn't love a face like mine????

Wait, I think there is a bone in here somewhere...

Sneaking up on Silky works the best!

And yes, the cherry prunings that I brought inside last week-end, have started to bloom.
Sad to say that the ones that stayed on the tree, were buried under four inches of snow today...no sign of any blossoms anywhere today!

Emil was dogsitter today to Mindy, Peter and Elli's Dobie. She is a young pup yet, but settles down quite nicely after a period of play. Her and Silk get along...well, lets say that Silky tolerates Mindy, and in the end they lie down in their seperate beds and both fall asleep.

I did the usual Saturday stuff...changed the bed, vacuumed , made Belgium waffles, and did a few loads of laundry, before settling into the cleaning job of raking out my bathroom cabinets... Why did I save all of those twelve or so used toothbrushes?

No wonder I had no room for anything else. ...and no need to buy any hairspray and no need to get any more face cleansers... I'm maxed out in both departments. Thats the trouble when you get old... you make as many mental notes as written ones... I have to pick up some Raisins for instance... then you buy raisins on your next three shopping trips... cause you can't for sure recall, especially when you are in the grocery store , if you bought them last time. The only neon light in the brain says BUY SOME Raisins...you are out of them...
Anyhow, I could quit buying a few things...

We took a little break after Pete picked up Mindy . Emil and I had a wonderful hot -tub. Very nice.We have the new lifter installed now, so it si much easier to take the lid off.

Before going out, I made a batch of the Whitewater granola bars...used sliced almonds and almond flavouring... just had a slice and they are very good...made with peanut butter and sesame seeds and raisins and coconut and chocolate chips and oatmeal and corn syrup... and butter... I am freezing some and will take some to work. Chris is nearly always hungry for any nibbles. He bought us a big jar of honey and some cinnamon for us to start drinking tea with it several times a day... tastes pretty good, if I do say so myself. (see the cinnamon honey post of a few days ago)

Lastly, I made a pot of bean soup (See side bar for basic recipe)...and had a wee bowl after dinner to see how it tasted...yummy. Could use more beans, but for some unknown reason I had narey a kidney bean. I used two cans of black beans instead. I can always add some at a later date.... and they had them on a caselot sale last week at Save-on. Did the neon light go on... NO!

Further more, I have decided to use some of my Save-on points to get myself a fabric steamer.I'll order it next week. I've gone through about ten irons now and currently my little old Betty Crocker, has a loose bottom piece that flips nearly off the iron, when I use it. Also it has no ability to steam at all. A tank of water lasts three or four ironing sessions! My T-fal emptied out after a half hour. I don't think I'll get another T-fal, tho. That is two that have up and quit on me , over the years. I'll try the fabric steamer instead.


"The Creator"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea

Those Bars you gave us were Yummy! I had one with my Tea Monday night......Not last night cause I didn't need any more Fibre. Get it....ha ha ha.