Saturday, October 03, 2009

Peculiar Email,and Cauliflower chips appie

Today I received an email from a distant friend, saying she is tranded in England and needs to raise 1650 pounds and can I help her. Oh yes, the title was I need your help urgently. Sure enough when I tried to phone her, her voice mail was full. What do you make of that? It seems to me like someone has spoofed her name and is using it to try to acquire money, tho , on the other hand, sometimes she can be a little sketchy herself.:-) The wording of the whole email isn't anything like the way she normally speaks so I think it is a hoax, besides I have no money to send.
Has anyone else received an email like that. If one comes from me, asking for dough... don't believe cause I am filthy rich and couldn't possibly use another cent!
So much for that mystery ... be aware...
Someone suggested that your first email entry on your contact list should be a fake one...like 111@111.com, and then the spoofer will go onto some other contact list when it nets no return on its first try. I don't know how true that is, but I sure know that when we advertised a canoe for sale, someone definately sounded legit. but was a spammer trying to get money. I only figured that out after three emails back and forth. maybe with this one, I ought to ask for their visa number and expiration date , so I can deposit some money in their account...heh-heh...

So I am having the Randy and Faye over for a long over due dinner tonight and I found a recipe for roasted cauliflower that you eat as an appie... just wash a cauliflower and slice up the florets into 1/4 inch slices... some will be big, some small. I left some whole as small florets. Put into a big bowl then coat with 2 tablsp. good olive oil blended with 1/4 cup soya ssauce and 2 tsp sugar. Spread out in a single layer on a broiler or cookie pan and roast at 400* stirring often to brown up toasty all over. Apparently there is a lot of shrinkage so it says to use 1 cauliflower per 2 people. That sounded excessive, so I just prepared one cauliflower. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Ok, I 've had a coffee and a little break, now it is back to cleaning and cooking!
Have a great week-end. I am glad the fog has settled in around the mountain tops so I can't look at the darn fresh snow up there...brr

"The Creator"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw on the news today that this email is definitely a scam.

cheers - dg

Buzzy said...

Thanks D! I suspected as much!