Monday, September 28, 2009

Dinner out with the girls

Well, I would certainly recommend The Cuisine of India restaurant in Castlegar
if anyone is looking for some tasty Indian cuisine. The dishes were plentiful and by the end of the evening, nearly everyone took a doggy bag home! On Sunday, a few of us grad girls and a great turnout out of cousins and sister-in-laws, made for a pleasant gathering of nine of us. The food was served almost immediately after the beer, so not much time for chitter chatter. It was full concentration on how to eat what first. Joyce and I split a combo for two dinner and there was enough for three for sure... Our order included a curried lamb dish, Korma vegetables, rice Tandori chicken and Naan bread... all very yummy and ,leaving absolutely no room for the mango custard that I had my eye on for desert!

Judy is looking over her appetizer platter

Leona has enough rice for two days dinner there!


I loved the cute little copper pots that the main dishes arrived in




More rice in front of Lori



Lynn and Lori


Ginny, moi, Lynn, Joyce and Leona
Yes, I look like a tuna there...but how to lose weight when all the food is so good?

Christine, then Judy, then me and Joyce and Leona in the orange on the left at the end of the table. On the right, we have Ginny, Lori, Lynn, and Karen

I picked up Joyce before we left and had to catch a few photos of her new littel runt...Amigo...Now isn't he the cutest?
It was a nice evening all in all to catch up with everyone's news and to see Karen again, who came from Nanaimo. We were reuntied with her and her sister Christine, at the grad reunion.
Sometime in the spring we will try another get together for dinner. In the meantime, I am planning a girly get together on November 15th for my annual hen party where we can order PArtylite candles, Pampered chef and maybe even some Epicurian spices. You are all invited! Lynn was asking for tupper ware, so if anyone knows of a dealer out in the Nelson area, let me know! We can have it at the hall and make an event of it!! Just joking... I don't have the energy.
In fact after all of our hard labour planting the tree yesterday, some little burrowing animal did an excavation down under the tree and up the other side. and out again... Perhaps a mole...grrrrr. I will try to find my trap and set it tomorrow. I was too busy finishing off my canner of borsht tonight,( I did the first part of it this am before work), then I did my beans and froze two bags. They were getting a little on the old side, so I chucked a few out and just did the best ones. Then to add to my on honey do list, I had already fried up onions and garlic and chopped swiss chard on Saturday night, so tonight I mixed in ricotta cheese and stuffed manicotti tubes and made the sauce to go over and baked them. They smell good, but what will they taste like? I never had mozzerella cheese, but added a few other kinds. It should be reasonably tasty. The rest of the ricota mixture went to the freezer, as did two bags of borsht. I canned six jars of borscht and even processed them. I hope they will last in the basement fridge now.
Ok good night everyone. It is quarter to twelve and I am pooped!
"The Creator"



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God Bea...what alot of work..thanks for the pics. I will upload them and add them to my collection..