Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Breakfast Pitas


If you haven't tried these yet, then give them a go...

They kind of look like a flat scone, but have the texture of a pita or panini...almost. They do have 200 calories, but no trans fat and no cholesteral at all. I like them! I like their texture...a little chewy and great when they are toasted in the toaster oven. For work, I spread on some light cream cheese and added a slice of ham and it was a filling sandwich for me.

They are full of flax seeds, so they have to be good for you!

They are advertised as an alternate for a hamburger bun...and they look like they could work as such, tho, I don't think the calorie value would be any less.
Anyhow, give them a try if you are tired of plain old bread.
Hmmm...It is so dark out in the morning, that now I am looking forward to the time change so I can get back to a proper walk in the am. THis morning, it was so frosty that even Silky turned around and headed for home when she reached the beach!
Well, time to get the costume spruced up. There is a few of us heading to the BBI for some dancing to Mystery Train... a bluesy band that I like a lot. The new Dock and Duck has something going on ,so some of our group are going to dinner there first to check it all out. Last year we listened to someone elses plan...went to Proctor and it was pretty dead, so it is back to the BBI for us.
Tomorrow I'll meet Joyce for a tour through the museum to see Peter Valisk's paintings, then we are off to dinner at the HUME hotel for an early celebration of Joyce's birthday... anyone is welcome to join us ,just after 6:00pm, in the library. I'll bring the cake!

"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: