Sunday, October 26, 2008

Beautiful afternoon in the bay


The calm days of fall on the lake

Then there is the what may be the last bonfire of the year

Hung my hallowe'en lights... I know...people are hanging their Christmas lights...not us!

Deep conversation between Deb and Emil.

Yesterday was windy but gorgeous out... I nearly finished the great transplant of flowers from old garden to new... Just a pile of iris left in the wheel barrow for me to figure out where to place them. No lack of space...just the decision process... Amazingly, buried in all the weeds, I could still find little tidbits of iris trying to survive the weedwhacker that took them down in the first place. I dug out as many as I could see, plus a whole lot of columbines, much to my pleasure. Maybe I'll even buy some more bulbs! The guys went out fishing for a choppy day on the lake...waves over the bow!!! Thats when they called it a day...and came home...only one little fishy.
Ashley fired up the fire pit and Deb brought down some awesome Beef barley soup and I brought over the hotdogs and smokies and so we had a campfire dinner... Ashley threw on some huge chunks of wood to keep us toasty warm! we stayed out till about 8:00 when it became unbareably cold... We abandoned the firepit for the warmth of Deb and Ashley's fireplace... and played half a game of Mexican train... Deb won that half! Way to go Deb! It was a challenge!
Have a great Sunday...I'll be back outside. It is clean the hot-tub day today ( drain and refill) and then cleaning of all the furnaces and the filters...and then back to my garden... I have the old pink rose to move. Emil said he would help.


"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: