Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Nice evening tonight




I took Silk for a little walk after work today after I fed the fish and watered plants over at our neighbour, Bill's house.I think he is still in hospital...poor guy..just can't seem to shake all the after effects of surgery for stomach cancer. I hope he takes a turn for the better to give him some hope. All we can do is pray that his health improves.
Back to the nice day we had... it got me outside first thing this morning, as I loaded up the garbage and recycle and dumped it off in town at the Nelson Dump.
At work, I mopped all the floors and then headed out to the sidewalk to sweep off all the butts..cigarette butts... They should make an edible butt,s o the person just chews it up and swallows for that final hit of nicotine... yuch. Easy to talk about it now that I don't smoke a pack a day like I used to. Damn near caught my hair on fire one time while trying to blow-dry my hair and smoke at the same time. That alone, should have convinced me to quit.

Back to our walk...Silk took me for a walk through the lot next door , along the beach and back again... Gave me a wake-up call....The lake is dropping and leaving behind its annual assortment of driftwood and junk on our beach. It will need a good clean up before the water starts to rise again.
I snapped a few pics and watched the sun set on the Purcells at the end of the lake...so beautiful- it makes me long for the summer evenings that keep us in sunshine until 9:00pm... ho-hum... I better hi-tail it to bed so I can do a few things before work tomorrow am. The Maytag man will make his last visit...seems that we now require a $94.00 part to go with the new insides of the dishwasher machine door tha came free of charge as part of the recall. I'm not sure if all the trouble is worth it, but Wayne said that Corinne's ? dishwasher did catch on fire... so I am thinking that I seriously don't want that. whats another $94. bucks!
I made two batches of cranberry scones for when Annette comes... yum... I had to sample one and a half...

And for the big news of the night...just in...Lynn will become a grandma again for the fifth time! Nadine and Dick are expecting a wee brother or sister for little G. Awwee...Congratulations all... we can't wait!












"The Creator"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bea it was Shannon and Terry's dishwasher not ours. I guess as you get old your memory begins to fail. What were we talking about?

Wayne