Friday, March 30, 2007

CARP is Canada's Association for the Fifty-Plus.

CARP is Canada's Association for the Fifty-Plus.
Have you heard of this organization? Thanks to my cousin Ed for suggesting it! I am FINALLY getting around to reading more about it, since Teresen Gas will soon be only one of many Gas marketers that can sell natural gas. In Ontario, CARP members received a sizable discount when they opted for a specific natural gas marketer,recommended by CARP. I am hoping they make the same offer here in BC, because in a few months you will have to make an informed decision about whom you would like to buy your natural gas from. (T ERESEN WILL STILL DELIVER IT)
Like I don't have enough to figure out without this confusing thing about to happen. Expect phone callls and people knocking on your door to bribe you into buying Natural gas from them. ( A person only needs collateral of about $250,000 and $1000.00 for a Marketers licence and they can buy and sell Natural gas. ) Somehow that brings to mind a bunch of sleazy vacuum cleaner salesmen banging at your door day after day to offer you GAS.
As Average Joe Canadian, I am supposed to determine by some alien means, which marketer to buy my gas from. Do I lock in for five years? Do I buy it month to month? Just do a Google search and you will find more information than you bargained for.
So all of this brings me back to CARP. They seem to know who to to buy from ( at least back East) and they saved CARP members lots of money.
Ed says that he purchases house insurance through them and also books his trips through CARP. All this for 19.95 a year. Sounds almost too good to be true! If anyone else knows about or deals with CARP, please drop me a line or a comment and let me know what you think. In the meantime, I'll continue to scour the website ( I have been lost in it several times now) and see which other savings would be worth our membership fee. I'd love to reduce my house insurance as last year it ski-rocketed, and this year will be worse before it gets better.
Us Oldheimers have to think about saving where we can, now that retirement is on the burner for Emil, this year.

No comments: