Friday, June 19, 2009

Flooding over the beach now


As you can see, the rains have brought up the lake a bunch over night. Our beach has disappeared and the green grass will be going under next week. Usually by Emil's birthday, the water starts to recede. Since that is only in ten days or so, we could be experiencing the lowest lake levels at flood season, in a few years...unless we have a dramatic flood week.

My flower pots this year... No dracena, and a tiny replacement there that the name has escaped me...usually in red, but this is a golden yellow one.

My new tree that I bought from our eighbour Lynn. ....another name loss here... not sure if I ever even had a tag for it..dainty little flowers,but a little lacking in the leaf dept.

And last but not least ,a new sort of Siberian Iris in two tones... white centre and yellow beards. In each place I have three planted, and each is a different colour... the deep yellows, the purple and then these pretty guys. the othrs have yet to open. I hope they can multiply like crazy. These come from a bulb. Lynn sent my photos of her garden and it is lightyears ahead of mine! More heat up there in Warfield!
I will meet Joyce after work and we will have a nosh, then go to Carol Reynolds big opening at Touchstones museum. I am looking forward to seeing her new work. She is a terrific artist.


"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: