Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Oh My


Noah and Ronda...she can make him smile and laugh out loud!

Mathew with his big egg that got smashed before the game began.

At least four got broken before we ever started playing!

John and Emil with their dad. He joined us for dinner, but was suffering from quite a cold...hey...maybe that is where I caught it from!

John tries a magical pool trick... it almost worked...

The week is zipping by and I have come down with a sinus thing...leading to a sore throat...not good. Also, we have been watching American Idol these pst nights...Excellent singers this year. From the show, I discovered I could download a full length broadcast of their songs from ITunes, american Idol... Just listening to this Billy Jean version by David Cooke. It was an outstanding performance. He made it to the top 10 and now the top 9. I will root for him for now.


Sorry I haven't a ton of photos of our trip. I am overinundated with emails re Emil's Retireday party... and have been replying to many.I will try to get decent hotel rooms secured by the end of the week, tho I wished everyone could stay right here. I'll be in touch with those who never responded.


No ,this is David Arshaleto singing Imagine... very good! Gives me shivers up my spine.





So our little trip to NAksup was good. We got to spend a little more time with Uncle . He looked better than last time, but I understand he is not getting any better as of today... Auntie had to go to Kamloops to get that injection in her eye in order to save what little site is left. She is getting more blind by the minute. We did also get to visit with my cousin Ed and also his sister Mildred and hubby Phil. They cooked us up lunch before we left for the ferry...Nice to chat with everyone again and Thank-you for the yummy grilled cheese sanny's. Mildred put slices of raw onion in them...nice crunch and tasty too.


The trip through the Monashee pass was pretty good...snowy in parts, but just enough to make you slow down and take it easy.


We arrived late in the sunny afternoon at John and Ronda's. We were in plenty of time to have a drink out on the sunny deck... That felt good! Not a stitch of snow anywhere within eyesite at their place. Made us feel like we were in a tropical country.... well, almost!


Ronda and I took a jaunt down to Kelowna where I did some speed shopping... don't worry, I managed to spend a bunch and still have enough to buy groceries at Costco. Trickier, now that we are on a once a month pension!


Ronda cooked a lovely big turkey and all the trimmings for Saturday night. My eyes were bigger than my stomach...it had been ages since I had mashed spuds with gravy!


Over the course of the week-end we played the card game "Golf", then our ever famous Nosica Nosica, and then shot some pool...mostly John and Emil, but I got a few lessons too. Then we indulged ourselves by floating around in the hot-tub! Sunday morning after Nosica Nosica, in which MAtaya was the grand winner( she smacked my ol egg all to heck! ), we then watched MAtthew paly a few tunes on his Guitar Hero Guitar... now that was a cool machine... taking way more hand eye co-ordination than I will EVER have!


So here is a few photos, before I fall off my perch with this stuffy head.





Virginia called when we were in Grand-forks ( I drove all the way from Vernon to there) and told us that ham dinner was cooking... Yum... we had to fight a few snowflakes and crappy roads over the Paulson, but made it Joyce and Morgans in good time. My goodness, they had a fresh two or three inches of the white stuff...us too out here, once we returned home.


So before the photos, thank-you to John and Ronda and Mathew and MAtaya and little Noah, for a great Easter week-end away...and thank-you to Joyce and Morgan and Virginia and Corey for the lovely Easter Ham dinner. We had a blast with Kendra... no bees in that kid's bonnet. She is so smart and cute... and no sitting still for five seconds... Sure was good to see them all before they headed back on Monday.


Okey dokey...nighty night...I'll load up mopre pics in the days to come. Thanks for your patience. If I continue to play PAckrat on Facebook, I may never resurface! No time tonight. Probably all of my best Icon things are stolen...





"The Creator"

No comments: