Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nordic Skiwalkers


These are my new Ski walkers...I am taking the photo, hence the odd angle. The square holder is removed before one starts to walk.



I am happy to report that the snow has melted a bit since this photo was taken

Light weight poles and cork grips with good Solomon Swix gloves to rest your hand in. No need to put the death grip on the poles.

The bottoms of the poles come with both a rubber grip and a metal point for the snow and ice.

So far, I have been out nearly every morning since we arrived back from the Dominican. I only have about a half hour to spare in the am to walk, but that is good for now, when the roads are turning to an ice slick. When the weather improves, I might be able to work it up to an hour. On Sunday, I walked to the ferry and back...a long walk for my gimpy ankle and knee...maybe a little too long, but a stint in the hot-tub, ironed out the kinks. On Friday night and Saturday, I had forgotton to take my glucosomine and chondroiten that I faithfully take every day. I think that is why my knee and ankle were worse than usual. Other than those minor issues, I love my skiwalkers and hope to improve my walking skills. ( Like I didn't walk miles every day when I was a teenager!) ( Of course that was a few years ago!)
Oh yes, for joggers and walkers out there who own an Ipod, one can download great electronic beat music for walking or jogging to at Podrunner.
You may subscribe to it in Itunes, and you'll receive a a new hour of music every few days... Lots of fun!


My cousin Ed came to visit me today at the store...Yahoo... That was so nice ! We had some laughs and a cup of tea and discussed retirement...Looks like it is treating him pretty good! Thanks Ed for dropping in! You made my day!

Happy Birthday to Robert! The big 14 today! Hard to believe he is getting all grown up. Hope you had a good one!
Time for beddy bye...the morning comes early!
"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ClaireWalter said...

Welcome to the world of Nordic Walking!

Claire @ http://nordic-walking-usa.blogspot.com