Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Great Lunar Eclipse...


Emil and I took it all in, right from the bedroom window! Actually, I nearly drove off the highway several times on the way home, just trying to get a glimpse of the moon slowly getting munched away by earth's shadow.
The photos above are in reverse order, so this one above is of the moon as it was coming out of the eclipse, taken from my studio balcony.

I love this one, because I caught the Saturn and Regulus, framing the eclipsing moon.

This is about half way through the eclipse.

Finally, this is the beginning of the phase after the total eclipse,when the moon is starting to light up again. Much to our surprise, the light crept in from the bottom...seemed all wrong, but what the hay do we know?
The next one won't happen until 2010, in December, so I hope everyone caught a glimpse of it tonight, because it will be along time until the next one! For some outstanding photos, go to Spaceweather.com
"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: