Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday doodlings


I missed the best part of this photo...it happened two minutes before I grabbed the camera. The clouds above the mountain have a tinge of pink from the sunshine, but moments before the underside of the clouds were bright pink. i think that was the only sunshine that came out on Sunday, however it was still a pretty decent day. Emil picked up leaves with the lawnmower and put away the canopy on our bedroom balcony. It looks bare out there now, but at least we won't be shovling snow from around it. Speaking of snow,the snowbelt was way low this morning... A customer from Rossland said they woke up to snow this morning! I planted some garlic cloves in my garden from these huge garlics that Janice brought us. Carolyne suggested a layer of straw on top of them to prevent them from getting frozen... I'll do that next week-end.
I concentrated on vacuuming and washing floors this Sunday... the joint smells fresh now! We spent an hour or more in the hot-tub, just getting thawed out... a good way to wind down a Sunday afternoon.


After taking down light fixtures and washing them, I moved into lining some of my shelves with this very sticky shelf liner ( aka MActac) It was stickier than hell, but could be moved a bit ,even after it was in place. I had some old stuff in the under the sink cupboard. It looked like it was totally dead and disgusting, so it came out and now the whole cupboard looks 100% fresher.

My finished cupboard.

I have been downloading tunes from ITUNES and their new I tunes Plus sight. The sound quality is excellent... even downloaded the theme to Linus and Lucy! I am listening to "The Wall" by Pink Flloyd. Although titled that way, it really is a compilation of songs found on variously distributed albumns... Now I have to get my headsets up and running....or maybe listen to it on my new ipod,thru the earbuds. I love having the new Ipod... I can play my spanish lessons on the way to work and home every day... Stupendo!
ok...time for bed... I have an achy neck again tonight... from sitiing ,I think. Horizontal feels good. I did my yearly today and the doc gave me a clean bill of blood pressure health. 110/70...like a young'en... must be all of that porridge I am eating for breakfast!
I talked to the kids tonight...all is well down in their world. Annette returned from a nice weekend up at Whistler with her friend, Jen. She is all relacxed after having written her exam earlier in the week.
Sonia was in her happy element that started early this morning, She opened the door to take out Spike, and there on her front lawn, looking back at her were a Doe and a Buck with a sizable rack on his head...both looking back at Sonia and Spike ,before they bolted towards Tillicom Mall. Then she saw a double rainbow,and lastly found a lucky penny,just before opening a really good news kind of letter that came to her in the mail! I told her to get out and get herself a lottery ticket!
Thats it for tonight...Love ya all and miss everyone... Besos to all...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: