Friday, October 26, 2007

Frosty Morning...


Almost a sunrise... I was up at 5:45 am to take Silky out for a pee and the moon was so bright, it lit up the yard. As well, I could see the new comet over our garage, in the south eastern sky. It is a distinctively yellow large blob in the sky.

Our little Oak tree is turning a perfect Fall orange...intensified with the frosty morning.

looks like a light snowfall, but it is only frost...-2* last night...cool this am for sure, and cooler again tonight.

A little of the frost on the glass railings on the bedroom balcony.

Today was a busy one with a brief visit from Joyce and Morgan's sister Marlene. She flew in to see her brother , Brian , who was also here for a visit...thus a mini family reunion. It must have been 25 years since I last saw Marlene! She looked great and I only wished we could have sat down for a real visit. At that moment we had two or three other customers in the store, so I couldn't chat.
Marlene and Rick were both so good to our family over the years...from the time I was at BCIT in the old days , and ended up on their doorstep for a New Year's Day dinner after bussing for an hour and a half to North Van from New Westminister with a Yankee boyfriend. She took us in and fed us and then we were back on the bus to New Westminister... Crazy kids,we were! Upon our return to Vancouver, a hundred years later,( this time , married to Emil), w e made countless trips from Richmond to North VAncouver to have dental work done by Rick...
It was nice, today to say hello once again to Marlene.Thanks to Joyce for popping by with her, and thanks to Marlene for helping Joyce out so much during her knee surgery this past spring. Amazing how families bind together, as friends, and helpers and support when it is needed.

I guess I better head to bed now. Emil crashed on the couch earlier, while we watched the old Movie "Stand by Me". I have to be in fine shape tomorrow night for the Hallowe'en party. Looks like we will be taking in the festivities out in Proctor this year, after a pot-luck dinner up at Ed and Linda's. We could still end up at the BBI, but somehow I think the lure of our bed will be stronger... or maybe it will be nightcaps and a little more Spooktacular dancing once the coffe table is shoved out of the way in our living-room.
Good night everyone and watch for name in the headlines under "Big Lottery Winner! I am keeping my fingers crossed... the ticket is at work still, but it did feel pretty lucky!

Tomorrow we will empty the hot-tub and clean it out, then refill it. We do that twice a year to keep it reasonably fresh.
Also, I have to invent costumes for Emil and I. So far I have a witchy Lee Valley hat and I bought an animal nose to glue onto Emil's real nose... It comes with fake blood...maybe to run out of the nose... creeping me out already... I'll try to find the stomachs from last year...Maybe they can pass as a batch of brains this year...ha-ha. Oh yes, I have lots of glow-sticks... they add a new dimension to a costume...that is for sure. We were Aliens last year. We'll be ghoulish this year ...maybe accident victims.! "Oh Darn ...we crashed, and your nose turned into Rover's nose, Honey !"

If you have Sirius Radio,you'll be able to pick ghostly music and sounds on channel 119. I will check that out tomorrow. On Sunday, we are meeting up for lunch to celebrate Joyce's Hallowe'en birthday . Happy Pre-hallowe'en Week-end!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: