Thursday, June 21, 2007

Half past my bedtime


Water is going down down down, and the beach is SLOWLY returning

This is my Watermelon ( I think) poppy from Joyce... beautiful aye?

Another specialty iris from Joyce...Thanks for keeping me in flowers ,Sis!

Now I love this gengian blue little Japanese iris... 2 flowers last year and four this year, but it is getting lost in the foliage of my other trees that are outgrowing their space...anyone need a tree?

More pink poppies about to bloom, but these are not fragrant...

My garden is liking the recent little heat snap..Another zuccini popped out of the ground today and more strawberries are starting to ripen. I had a nice handful for breakfast this morning. Everything seems to be taking off, including the weeds, but I pull a few here and there and try to get the watering done before work, so the whole thing isn't in too bad of a state yet. I boiled up a pot of spinach and ate the whole bunch of it myself in the past two nights. Very good. I abandonned the idea of freezing it, as I still have some floating in the freezer abyss from last year.
On Tuesday night, Emil's staff took us out for dinner to Jackson's Hole...the old Rickabees.. Very nice compared to the last time we were ever there.. Everything was fresh and the portions were generous and all in all it was good. I had the Calamari which was in a light tempura batter and I also had the spring rolls which were hearty in size and tasty to boot...served with a mango sauce. Very yummy. Thank-you everyone for the nice evening out. Nice to not have to cook.
Janice came out and stayed overnight, while Emil drove over to Cranbrook after his dinner,as he had an early morning meeting to attend
.

Janice and I had a big blab over a glass of wine, and before you know it, it was bedtime.

Last night I stopped off for groceries...such a drag I forgot to wear my ipod... it is amazing how much better you feel when you block out the rest of the grocery store world .
Okay ,the airconditioning kicked in and my left arm is frozen, and now I have sneezed some ten times or more . How much snot can one have stuck up one's nose? Kleenex #12.
Blow,blow,blow....My ear still feels plugged solid... I think it has gone beyond annoying...sort of deafening:-0

So how many Sears catalogues have YOU recieved? I tell you, my pile ws falling over, under the end table. When I checked the expirey dates...most of them were ceased and desisted many months ago, or were going to be history on JUne 29th. After my little sort job, I have three catalogues. Sort yours now, and save yourself a useless pile of mini catalogues.

I made a rhubarb and strawberry streudal tonight...Yum. Sorry Silk...I was going to bath the poor mutt, but she walked in the lake tonight so that will have to do. Elli will dogsit her on the week-end.
We are headed to Vancouver early Saturday morning and will return late Sunday night... Its called a quick trip... Call us crazy, but we just gotta do it.
Talk to you all early next week. I'll be packing tomorrow.







"The Creator"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I will tell you what I do with all the sears cat. I look at them and if nothing looks good or I need-I toss! Saves me taking them downstairs storing them and discarding months later?

Have a good week-end!! Love L

Buzzy said...

Great idea, except that you don't have Mr. Sears, himself, living in your house! He likes catalogues...especially Sears! Ha-ha!