Sunday, January 14, 2007

Back to work tomorrow...







These are a few more photos taken around the peninsula on Long Beach. You can see Emil heading back to the resort,as it was about -3* with a nice nippy breeze that was freezing his ears off. Silky wasn't even arguing his decision! We decided to do our touring around in the car,instead. We toured around the peninsula to little hamlets like Willapa bay, Nahcotta , and Oysterville...all fishing and oystering communties with cranberries tucked away somewhere in between. I can't say I saw a cranberry bush, but they must have been there somewhere! In fact,I don't know if I would recognize a cranberry bush if I saw one. Oops, upon research at the link, I should have been looking for cranberry bogs. Yes,there was a lot of boggy stuff going on. Each low lying area was a water filled slough. I suppose some of them could have been full of cranberry bushes after all:-)
If you check the Cranberry Link, go to the recipes for some interesting twists on old favorites like broccoli salad using cranberries in it..yum!
Here is a recipe that looked good...

CRANBURGER SAUCE


1 16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
5 tablespoons (A-1?) Steak Sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon salad oil

Beat jellied cranberry sauce until velvety. Add steak sauce, sugar and salad oil. Chill.
Use on Hamburgers!
All sounds good.

Okay, I am going to bed after I look over a few more of those recipes and then it is off to work tomorrow.
Have a great Monday and a great week without being weak.




"The Creator"

No comments: