Sunday, November 26, 2006

Let it Snow...

Oh my...winter arrived with a vengence today...blowing snow and cold...a snowfall warning, in fact. I got out and shovelled the back deck off when there was only 2 inches of snow, but I bet there is a half foot of it now..try 15 cm. if you are metric.

Did I mention that Lynn and Rick had us over for a wonderful turkey dinner on Friday night...along with Dick and Anne and Ursela and Barry. Barry heads up the Storytelling Festival held at Proctor everey summer. Sounds like they have already rounded up many story tellers for next year. It will be adult oriented with stories dealing with history as the basis for the festival. Balfour will host a Children's festival in light of the changes. It is all good, as I guess the cost of doing a similtaneous Children's festival was more than the Story telling Festival could bear., or is that bare? I'll have to look that up in my funk and wagnells!

All in all the dinner was great,and Rick cooked most of it, including a delicious make ahead potato dish that was baked in the oven. He mashed the potatoes, added plenty of garlic, cream cheese and sour cream, then baked them up in the oven until they were turning golden on top. Certainly was yummy and saved all that mess associated with last minute mashing of the spuds.

Also, they had a huge pan of baked veggies...broccoli, artichokes, mushrooms, mixed with parmasean and cream, I'd say.
They were layed out in a large shallow pan and then topped with slices of tomatoes and a sprinkle of parmasean. The dish was colourful and yummy and was a smart way to serve up a bunch of people.
We had a lot of laughs and mostly people were still laughing when I returned from the bathroom. Seems that Anne had volunteered me to join her and Lynn on a Polar Bear swim on New Year's Day!
SAY WHAT?????????
I get goosebumps just thinking about it!

Emil dutifully resolved to build a large bonfire, and Dick said he would ply us with brandy!

Sooooooooooo--o-o-o-o-o--o--o-oo-oo-ooo .......
If any brave souls wish to take the plunge with us, it will be at 2:00pm New Years Day on our beach!
Anne has volunteered to have the New Year's party this year! I'll have the "warm up your buns" party after the big plunge!
Oh My!
The thought of plunging will make these next few weeks buzz by.

Today I got nearly all my gifties wrapped. Did I mention that my Christmas shopping was almost all done...the main stuff anyhow.
I am thinking that work will be quite crazy in the next few weeks...32 days till Christmas , someone said,so I want to have all the shopping details out of the way. It will seem strange not to be packing up for our annual trip to Victoria. I can't think about that part of Christmas.

On Friday, Carolyne gave me a preview of her new jewellery!
TO DIE FOR!!!!

If you thought you've seen it all....you are in for a big surprise! Lots of spanky new looks with this very funky whitish sterling silver that has either pearls or natural gemstones, from star sapphires to beautiful citrines, with everything in between. She has bangles and bracelets, earrings and pendants of every size! Not to mention, beautiful full necklaces that are adorable.
Also , Chris has been making up lovely pieces for the store... an Australian opal pendant with a diamond accent, a heart shaped ruby pendant, and a beautiful square blue topaz...in a cushion cut facet. MMMMM....

I'll take a reality check and be happy to sell any of the above items. Good thing there is pleasure in making a nice sale.The good thing about jewellry is that it is light-weight to ship,thus we have had a lot of early shipping shoppers already.

Oh yes, and don't be fooled by those 70% off sale signs at Ted Allen's. His prices are now at regular retail prices. It won't be soon enough when he closes, which probably won't be well into the new year.

Ok, time to go wrap the last ten little doodle-bops upstairs.
Look out your window...Merry Christmas!





"The Creator"

No comments: