Saturday, March 07, 2009

Big Turkey dinner at Bill and Marlenes


Here's Bill carving up the turkey

15 or 16 of us for dinner which was a delicous feast with contributions from everyone. Janice , on the right int he green, made a delicous cranberry beet jellied salad, Debbie did scalloped potatoes and Alisa brought Broccoli au gratin... and I brought regular cranberries and a cheesecake for desert. We also had brownies and apple pie and huckleberry tarts, so no shortage of goodies. The turkey was an organic one and was so moist. Makes me think we ought to cook turkey more often!
Oh yes, this happened a couple of weeks ago already. I am slow to get pictures on my blog... Life has been busy!

Whats a turkey dinner without Texas Hold'um afterrward? Ashley won. I hung in there for quite a while, then it was down to Emil, Pete and Ashley and Mike. Emil and Mike soon were knocked off, then Pete and Ashley struggled it out to the end.

Here's Deb and Janice watching the poker game and munching.
So thanks to Marlene and Bill for bringing the neighbourhood together again!
We've had a busy couple of weeks since then, so I'll have to continue the posts after breakfast... my tummy is calling out for a fresh egg or maybe some french toast!


"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: