Sunday, October 14, 2007

More pics of Everyone


Thanksgiving at Nadine and Dicks...Note who's carving the turkey! She was trained well!

the ugly roads Joyce faced on her trip to Edmonton...This occurred on the Salmo Creston...a few Tuesdays ago when the weather turned ugly

Kendra and Mackenzie...buddies

Gramma Joyce with Jamie and Ethan...cute eh?
Thanks to Joyce and Lynn for passing along photos for me. Certainly is great to see all the little grandkids,and my own kids of course!
Sounds like Joyce had a pretty nice trip to Edmontonchuk and then to Red Deer and on to Kamloops to visit all the kids and the kidlets.
Makes me want to go see my own kidlets!

So today was another perfect day in the hood. I didn't exactly jump out of bed this morning, but that was ok for a Sunday. I talked to Sonia nd Annette and then to Joyce...That was half the morning gone! Good to catch up on all the news. The bad news was that my parcel to the kids never arrived, even tho the traking number said it did. They didn't even get ANY mail that day! None came on Friday am either, then mysteriously some mail appeared in their mailbox later on, Friday evening. Looks liek their mail may be going to someone else's mailbox. Boo-hiss . I hope they do the right thing and return the package.

I filed a ton of mail today and got rid of 2006 out of my filing cabinet...that alone, allowed me to file the new stuff... Holy cats...just way too much paper. Maybe e-posting the bills to me, might be better. Like why AM I keeping every blinking hydro and telephone bill, anyhow????
Finally I made it out to my garden and fought witht he weeds again. I didn't get it entirely cleared, nor tdid I get through all of the weeds in the strawberry patch, but I did enough to allow me to cover the whole garden in new black plastic, plus I netted a few more potatoes. Had those for my Thanksgiving dinner tonight...the one I missed while being away last week-end! This wasn't exactly a giant turkey dinner, but it was roasted chicken with McCubbins stuffing, fresh made cranberry sauce, turnip , mashed potaotoes and gravy and som Pillsbury do-biscuits. Emil made the salad and although it was late, we did enjoy the yummy dinner. I put the (made) stuffing down in the bottom of a large casserole dish...sort of heaped it in the middle, then split the chicken open down the middle of the back, and layed it over the stuffing . I added some water, then roasted it,always making sure there was some water in the bottom of the casserole so that the stuffing wouldn't burn up. In about an hour, it was all cooked and yummy.
Ok, time to go have a bath in some 2nd Nature Muscle soak... same remedy I suggested Morgan use... He had a little incident today that netted him some scrapes and bruises. Luckily he didn't break any bones, but I guess he is a hurting puppy. The Muscle soak is awesome...think I'll do that now...Swing the tv around so I can catch the end of Desperate Houswives while I soak!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: