Sunday, May 27, 2007

Wet Sunday

Eekers!
The rain is drizzling down intermittantly ...the reason I am here in blogville. I think I will make some new address labels and some new new business cards this morning...if I have any of the card stock left. Most any card making program will have a section for making labels and business cards and one can easily upload your own photos to give them a personal touch.
Emil was a sicky all the latter part of the week with a cold and flu symptoms. Today he sounds better..still congested but not the achy bone thing.We cancelled all of our plans for the week-end...Happy Birthday Linda and Gord!
I am back to a sniffle nose,so I hope it is only allergies.

We did some quantitative work yesterday..Emil weed Whacked all around the outer fence of my garden and some of the interior...as so much of my garden is overgrown with grass. I can't really keep so much of it up anymore. The centre of the garden is a giant forest now. All the little evergreens have turned into big trees that a growing at an industrial rate. I have a Ponderosa or White (long needled) Pine tree that already has a a large smooth white trunk and has shot up about three feet in the last year. It has the makings for a tree growing to a hundred feet tall or more...Anyone want it? It is too big for my garden...but how to get it out? Any suggestions Ken? At least five evergreens will have to be removed to make space the keepers...and we will still have a forest. Where it was once space for a flower bed, it is now buried under a canopy of evergreens.

At least the original owners of the property planned for the spruce trees to grow,as they planted them at least ten feet apart. In fifteen years, the gaps between trees have closed and soon it will be a solid mass on either side of the property...good until we have a forest fire.

I finshed planting my pots and hanging baskets with the wave petunias that I bought at the nursery at Rock Creek. Emil helped me place them and hang them,as they are heavier than hell.Now, if my friendly deer can leave them alone, they will grow as beautiful as they did last year.

Well, the sun is trying to peak thru. I hope to finish planting some more of my garden today. The spinach is up as is the lettuce, but the deer ate the lettuce plants that I bought...They were turning into head lettuce...not anymore!

So have a great weekend everyone! Talk to you all soon!

"The Creator"

No comments: