Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter Egg Everyone!


Auntie Joyce and Annette!
Thats the boat of pyrogies being passed around..Yum

Who's egg is smashed...???? Annettes! Booh-hoo


Emil Lost to Joyce

And the winner is....Moi!




Janice and Ed and Linda rode their bikes over for an afternoon "Destination Location" Visit...a Beer in the sunshine was good for and afternoon break!


Still sunny on our back deck at 6:30pm...when J&M arrived... they brought me a load of manure and 3 bales of straw...sort of slowed them down a bit!


And who are these fine looking love birds?

Annette with her new bling from Kolmels!


My phyllo apple pie thing


Colouring eggs after Annette and Emil got back from their little trip south of the border...YES...she brought me a Peter Paul Almond Joy chocolate bar...Yummy!




Its been a great week with Annette here for a visit...She and her dad had a few days together, and now it is my turn for the week-end! Thursday night we coloured eggs for our game of Nosica Nosica and yesterday we played the game after dinner... TA-DA...My two eggstra-special eggs were the winners! Annette brought Purdy's chocolates for everyone to share for the prize...so those were awesome! Joyce and Moargan joined us for our ham/scallopped potatoes and pyrogy dinner which was a little late...but delicious in any case...Joyce brought out a desert of raspberries in jello atop a cream cheese and Eagle-brand milk topping that sat on a graham wafer crust...Yummy and I made a lemon merengue pie and an apple something or other in phyllo dough!


Disaster struck when I tried to whip the cream in my C02 Dispenser. I guess the lid wasn't on tight enough to begin with and then some of the C02 leaked out when I tried to put that cartridge in, so the cream wouldn't shake up to whipped stage. Then I decided to add anothter C02 cartridge and thats when all hell broke loose...Too much C02!!! WAY TOO MUCH!




The cream was puffing out from beneath the lid and I finally squirted it all into a bowl to salvage as much as possible. By now whipped cream was everywhere! Such delicious fun! Oh well, we all ate desert topped by semi-whipped cream! And I was telling Joyce how simple it was to whip cream this way! yeah!

Time to go play outside in the sunshine!












"The Creator"

No comments: