Sunday, February 04, 2007

Rails to Trails...


 

Today was a good workout for the abs and flabs, that is for sure. We x-country skiied for miles up along the beautiful calm Slocan river. We started at Winlaw, where there are trail bathrooms, and the map, to show you where you are. It was somewhat tracked, with many icy spots where my skiis slid together to nearly topple me over, but other that, it was pretty good, considering people walk their dogs all over the ski tracks...oh yes, and let them poop on the tracks also. I guess,the fun thing is to go visit a bakery that can be accessed off the trail about two kilometers past Winlaw. Unfortunately, it was closed on a Sunday. Sharon, however, raved on about the good cinnabuns they have and the bowls of borsht etc...I told her "enough already!" Too funny. We'll have to plan our next trip on a Saturday.
I was a whupped puppy by the time we returned,and now ,my legs and knees still feel like jelly. Besides, it was snowing all afternoon. Poor Emil went out and shovelled tonight,and we were even graced with a visit from an old fashioned grader coming down our ice slick of a road. I hope he managed to chew it up a bit.

Well, I think I will hit the hay,as work will come early tomorrow ,and I have many jobbies to complete. Chris and Carolyne are away for two months, so I am running the road show. Also, I am looking after Jake and Lola...two budgies that manage to squawk up a storm and scatter seeds everywhere. At least C. brought in a vaccuum for me... Hey, I might find a few other things to vac up...maybe a birdie or two?
Just Joking!

I forgot to mention that our dear neighbour, Bill, made it home for a few days this week-end with his family there to help him out.It has been almost five weeks since his surgery, and I must say, he has lost a lot of weight. His spirits are good, and now he needs to concentrate on learning to eat again, as he had a good portion of his stomach removed. I hope he continues to gain some weight and get back on track. It looks like it will be a long haul.
Good Luck to him. Thank goodness, his daughter has taken time off work to look after him. He is trying a Naturepath diet now,so I hope he gets onto eating that.It will work if his daughter does the preparation of the foods, but I can't see him ever preparing any of that stuff for himself. Not easy to switch an old dog over to new tricks.
ok..bedtime folks...Have a wonderful week, and thank-you all for the great letters. John and Ronda are counting down the days until they go sailing in the British Virgin isles...Looks deluxe to me.. I'll put up a link to their sailing ship, later on in the week.

No comments: