Saturday, November 25, 2006

Really Winter

Silky after her bath and clipping...Looking a little shy from the camera..

Thank goodness I finished my outdoor chores moments before this big Whitey blew in from Nelson. The snowy ice pellets were blowing right up into the balcony.Brrr!

I quickly slammed the basement door and retreated to the cozy house to assemble and sort which Xmas presents I have bought. In fact, it looks like the main ones are accounted for...just a matter of wrapping them up and getting a big box ready to send to my little family as I now call them!

Emil put the snowblower on today and I bathed and clipped poor Silky. She looks like a wisp of her former self, without the extra ten pounds of fur. Good time to do it eh? The day before the big cold front is supposed to move in. It will drop to minus 20* so the weatherman says.

We decided to grab a bite over at Dockers tonight. The roads were wet and at times rain poured down. Strange weather. The parking lot was a sheet of ice and the snow crunchy, so I think the rain was a freak of nature. Anyhow, it was great to sit down and relax for a bit and have someone else do the cooking.




No comments: