Saturday, December 04, 2010

Beautiful Saturday...

If you weren't lazing around in your cave all day, then ypou probably saw it... pure blue sky ( in parts) and best of all...sunshine...It made me revitalized after these past few weekends of snow and more snow! How about you?
I received my much anticipated parcel this past week, a shelving unit from Costco. Did you know that if you order online, the prices INCLUDE shipping charges and from our part of the world, that is better than driving four hours to get to a Costco. Puralator does the deliveries which meant I had to drive to the Gill and Gift in Balfour to pick it up...and it was extremo heavy! It is designed to hold 500pounds per shelf... probably the exact weight I have on each shelf now! See bottom picture for beginning of my filling it up.

A view of the mountains above Redfish Creek,just as the sun was setting

And it was this bright ! Bright and beautiful! Emil and I went for a hot tub this morning before breakfast... nice to soak up the heat and think about our vacation in Punta Cana that will be upcoming...it will be a heatwave when you walk to breakfast in the morning... I can't wait for that!


So now you see the shelves..nicely tucked in to utilize the exixting shelves that were in the closet already... Emil is pretty handy when it comes to figuring these things out. My new arrangement allows me space to keep many of my little appliances and things like my large serving platters and my huge wok.... I am so delighted... It set me into cleaning mode and I went through the kitchen,washing the floor in there and the bathroom, emptying some cabinets and rearranging others. It makes my heart sing to see space in my kitchen cupboards now and to have a place ( that I can see and reach) to store my appliances and big ceramic pieces. Yea! The shelving unit is 72" tall, has four shelves that are 18" x 36" and came with wheels that I opted to exchange for the stabilizing feet.

Also, I ordered a rack that suspends from the ceiling of the basement near my laundry area where I can hang clothes either to dry or on hangers for easy steaming once they are out of the drier. I don't see that going up just yet, but with any luck it will be up before the snow melts.
Now to put up some decorations and get the rest of my cards done.... Have a great weekend...see you next weekend unless something spectacular happens in the meantime ..

"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..you sure needed those!! Sounds like you had a productive day.

Can't wait for Punta Cana ..and the heat wave,the pool and the FUN!!