Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flying beats driving! Happy New House Annette and Shawn!

Yes, I have seen the light...Flying to Victoria certainly beats the long drive down! I arrived feeling fresh and happy and it was sunny and my daughter was at the airport to pick me up... all very good indeed. I had a deja vu kind of moment whe I entered the airport and looked up to the second level to see a couple of little girls waving down at the people coming in fromt he plane. In a flash I had a vision that it was Kaleigh and Maddie there all excited about my arrival... then I woke up... those girls couldn't have been more than seven or eight years old!! Instead, my beautiful Sonia was there to give me big hugs... so nice to see her and to be in Victoria within a few hours of leaving Castlegar... all good, and definately worth pursuing the next time I wish to come down for a visit.
Both Kaleigh and Madeline were home sick from school that day... more colds and sore throats... some strep throat going around their schools. Maddie's face was all flushed from a bit of a fever... She took another day off school today...poor kiddo! Sonia made that delicious
When we left Castlegar, it was pouring rain and again in Vancouver it was coming down by the bucketful- however fifteen minutes by air and we were in the sunshine in Victoria. sonia cooked up that delicious Phyllo roasted fresh salmon and we enjoyed a delicious dinner.
Today is another story...grey with showers. We ventured out to LA Vie en Rose... a lingerie store that I usually buy my bras at on-line...so it was fun to go to the real store and see all of the bargains! I had to get a couple of new nighties and found a special blue bra that I have been looking for, for three years now so it was a succesful shopping trip!
We hit up Super store and I nearly cried when I saw all the bedding plants... Multiply everything we have in Nelson by 10 and there it all was , right before my eyes.I guess that is when I thought that having a car here would have been beneficial! Sonia found wave petunias for her flowerpots.
I made a batch of Chocolate chip cookies ( see sidebar under chocolate chip cookies ( Sues) .


"The Creator"

No comments: