Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Babies in the Yard


I should say Babies eating the flowers off my little plants out front..

One last look before heading to the field

On the move

Cedar Waxwings flitting around.. I call them Little Bandits!

Well, in case you hadn't heard, I had some nose surgery last Monday...no , not to tweek the tip or anything, just to improve the breathing. ( Deviated septum improved, tuberants dremelled off, sinuses opened up) A week later and I am still not breathing through my nose.!(That is why I am on the computer at 7 in the morning!)


A Big Fat HA!

However, today could be my lucky day. I return to Dr. Cook in Trail and he will remove the plastic splints/stints that are up each nostril and then I will let you know if the big sinus headcold that I feel like I have is due to my nose tubes or a real cold.

What is the worst thing you can do after nose surgey?

Did you say "SNEEZE?"

Well, yes, I have sneezed a hundred times and it is the worst thing a person could want to do after a fresh nose job. I won't go into the gory details, but I have learned to redirect my sneeze straight out of my mouth... pity anyone within ten feet!

Like I said, once these tubes are out of my schnoz, perhaps the breathing will commence, and then maybe the sneezing will cease.

Thank-you for all the get well wishes from everyone. I feel I am on the road to recovery now...ha-ha...thats a bit of a lie , but I feel generally not so wiped out and even made gingersnap cookies yesterday yum! I did get a reaction, I think to the antibiotics. I should have remembered to take some Probiotics at the outset, but completely forgot... Now my prescription is all finished, so with some luck, my inards should begin feeling better. I can't complain about knocking off a few pounds with a high colonic I didn't order!

The rainy days of late haven't made me feel too bad about missing anything. Unfortunately, I mostly feel like going for a nap every afternoon, so that wastes a good three hours of each day.

You would think that being home would give me an opportunity to do a lot of things that need doing. I see all that needs doing but, I just couldn't do much at all due to a number of issues with my nose. Long story short is I hope it is all for good, which I can't tell right now. It wasn't the most pleasant thing to go through, but everyone says it will be well worth it. I guess most surgeries are like that.

I have to give a big thank-you to all of the nurses and staff at Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital , and my sweet Emil, who tended to me after the surgery. I'll thank the doc when I know it has worked!

"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: