Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grad Girls Hen Party

Twas a lovely afternoon for tea ( oops...make that Mimosas) on the balcony with my old friends I met at the Grad reunion, and cousin Lynn and neighbour Alyssa. We had so many laughs, it was downright making our bellies sore!
In this photo we have starting from the left, Chris, Alyssa, Viola, Patti, Karen and Lynn ( also a Karen) . KAren used to be Karen Macabe and I knew her from riding the bus in from Montrose when I stayed at my sister's house. Chris is Karen's sister and Viola, of course is their mom. Chris drove out and picked up PAtti whom I also went to school with and who used to live up a few streets in Warfield. I used to babysit her little girl, Cheryl ( who is now some 38 years old) Lynn drove out after church and Alyssa, my neighbour just walked over. We had a grand lunch of salads and quiche and chicken wings and then many deserts from Lemon pie to rhubarb streudal to mini chocolate cheesecakes that Alyssa brought. Yummo...oops ,not to forget the pecan pie that Chris and Karen brought out... so we dined away for half the afternoon as we chatted about old school mates and told stories and probably a few lies. It was a beautiful day and so wonderful to reconnect with old friends and to get to know Karen's sister and mom. These moments don't happen so often . It will be one that we charish and be gld that we did.



Patti and Karen and the deserts

Patti, Lynn and KAren

The whole five of us

And a big huge thanks to Lynn for bringing me her old camera to play with for a week or two until I get myself a new one.
I am sure we will all keep in touch from here on in...Thanks to everyone for making it happen!

"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: