Monday, May 14, 2007

Damn deer

By day,she feeds innocently on the lawn and the plum trees.
By night she sneaks into the garden and munches off the tops of my beautiful Casablanca lillies...all three of them... Sh*t, H*ll, Damn,Blankedy-Blank,P**P,Bu**ers, Rats and a lot of other words not fit to print. They all poured out of my mouth like verbal diarrhea and then some. They ate my top three ,plus about four other stargazers and orientals. Now I have what is left, covered with a net. I should never have removed the net to begin with. For some strange reason, I thought the deer only ate them when they were popping fresh out of the ground. That is when they devoured the last two. I hope my irises bloom to fill in the gaping holes!
The pic below here is the last half of Sunday's labour of love...basil, tomatoes, asters,lettuce and wax beans... At least a few things will have a head start. in fact, I am two weeks earlier than last year, so all of that is good. My lettuce is up, as are the radishes and the spinach...Now to protect it somehow so it doesn't get devoured like it did last year...
I hung up a piece of that red tomato plastic on the fence at the bottom to deter the critters until Emil returns and gets putting up my new fence.
You can see how high the water is already...and how Silk loved taking a dip. No shivers there, but dare I run the cold water in her bath and she shakes like a leaf! I had to bring her home and give her a bath...Now she needs a trim....Anyone need some dog wool?
I'll have to continue tomorrow night.I am yawning into oblivion.Silk and I had a nice walk to stretch our legs ,after gardening last night,and after the rain Stopped,and just as the sun was setting. I took some nice pics of the sun fading behind the mountaintops.I'll post those tomorrow,as well as some of Annette's and Emil's trip with our grandkids up to French beach...Now that looked WONDERFUL!

Cheerio...I hope everyone had such a prolific weekend!










"The Creator"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sorry to hear about the Dam Deer! Don't remove you nets yet. Why don't you try the hair in the nylon stocking??
I broke one the the biggest lily blossems off while weeding and you could see the black smoke coming from my Mouth too!!
I have to worry about the neighbours cats digging and shitting in my garden. I put sticks cross/cross to help detour them?? Any other kind suggestions!! have a good day. Only 2 more sleeps till we are gone! LL