Sunday, March 04, 2007

Texas Hold'em

Ok, Just practicing up for Vegas...The neighbours got together over at Bill and Marlene's tonight for Texas Hold'em...( Big League Poker!)
Elli had the chips set up in a little less confusing manner, tho your five bucks still translated into thousands...ten thousand. The lowest chip was a hundred dollars....and the highest, five thousand dollars.
Of course, at first, everyone is shy to bet with more than a few hundred dollars.

However,after each round(everyone played once), the Big and Small Blind ( ante) was doubled,thus increasing the amount it cost you to stay in the game.
When it reached around 32 thousand ,things started to get tense and we started to lose players,as they bet "All in" because they were growing short of chips.

Then there was a moment of glory when Emil kept raising the bet so much ,that one by one everyone folded except Bill and myself. When he raised it by about ten thousand dollars, I said to heck with it,and went "All in" with my remaining thirty thousand or so. Because, Emil had put so much into bets to grow the pot, he was caught off guard at my bold move.
(Bold and Crazy!)

We layed our cards down and played it out,and Voila! I was the winner by a hair! I had a pair of sevens and the river card turned up another seven to give me a full house. Emil's two high pairs were toast!
The remainder of the game grew crazier,and crazier, as it was between Bill and I to the finish, with the blinds being doubled at each hand. The very next hand after I toasted Emil, I was dealt a pair of Aces. What luck! I won that hand. The blinds were up to 30 and 60 thousand...Whew! I gave Bill the next hand and then he went "All in" on the next and final hand. I thought I was toast as my cards weren't great...a ten and a queen. A straight to the nine, with a pair of eights were on the table and my ten finished it off nicely, beating Bill's two pair for my big win of the year!
That was tense. I'd be a basket case if it for real in Vegas, but at least I had a lot of luck and some good intuition about sticking with a hand. I might be liking this game a little more!
[[Oh crumb... I just read some of the finer details about knowing the potential other hands besides what you have in your own hand,especially when it is down to two players betting against one another... I guess it was just luck on my part! I would need to learn a lot more to play Texas hold'em anywhere else besides someone's living room!]]
For five bucks each, it was a great evening of entertainment!

Have a fun Sunday!

Creator"

No comments: