Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Has to be Funny When...

When something is sooo ooo funny,that even when no-one but the dog and cat can hear you, you burst out laughing in a good belly laugh out loud.
That was my response tonight after I hung up the phone.

Phone rings.
I say "Hello"
Male voice vaguely familiar and pretty happy says, "Just checking to see if the green room is available tonight?"
I say" Depends who's asking and whats it all about!"
Male voice says" I ended up here after Hillary had to transfer Oscar. He was in the Trail hospital ,but has moved to Nelson now, blah blah blah... ( takes no breath...keeps on telling me the story about Oscar and Hillary who was a scatter brain and can't remember anything.
I don't even try to interrupt, because Male voice is into some long winded story and is clearly a little pi**ed off with Hillary and how she didn't let him know about Oscar's transfer and so he has been running around the country trying to locate Oscar, and has ended up here.
I finally get a chance for more than a "but" or "wha" or "who",and I say to Male voice. "I don't know who you are talking about...and who did you really want to talk to?"
Dead Silence
"This isn't Betty?"
"Ahem..No, my name begins with B, but it certainly isn't Betty"
But the number I dialed is xxx-xxx-xxx5?
I say "Yeppers, that is the number alright - xxx-xxx-xxx5"
Male Voice: "Waitaminute. The number I should have dialed was xxx-xxx-xxx8"
Silence one more time.
"What city did I dial?"
"Nelson" ( I should have said Atlanta or Australia or somewhere exotic!)

Next, a barage of apologies, beginning with "I am SO sorry to have bent your ear this long!"
By now, I am laughing and tell him to have a great night and hopes he gets over his trials and tribulations...It isn't your fault that we also have a "Green Room"!
I hung up ,then laughed and laughed and laughed until Soleil and Silk just stopped everything and started to stare at me.

I have to say, it was the best laugh in a long time...Thanks, Male Voice.

"The Creator"

No comments: