Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spring flowers

Slater creek...full, but not overflowing!

Home again after almost three weeks away in Victoria  house/dog/grandkid/ sitting and keeping the household running while Sonia was away to New Brunswick with her new man Mike. She also got a chance to go see her sister annette ,in Halifax...which was a big thrill to both sisters!
I arrived home to find, that unlike sunny Victoria, the Kootenays have been suffering through many many days of wet soggy rain. I could twll when I looked at my flowers in my big pots...many had gone moldy, where as I expected mounds of fresh blooms by the time I arrived home. My tomatoe plants  are purple with cold and all in all much of my garden never grew from the seeds I planted before I left. Oh well, we can have late garden, so I will reseed some things like my beans.

Also, the lake has risen higher than normal ,giving everyone a big scare that lives along the lakeside.
Lucky for all concerned, the lake is going down...yea!
here are some shots od my flowers and the lake shore below my garen...

 .

 Looking east...


 
 A gorgeous white Clematis I bought from Lynn Bagnal when she was here... so beautiful  and blooming better than ever before!

 

 
 My beautiful Sarah Bernhart Peonies...at their end...



 
 That stick in the middle right of the lake is our dock!
 

LOOKING WEST  see...no sand burram as usual... just trees submerged on Dave's property


"The Creator"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: